Giloy Powder :
Giloy ( Tinospora cordifolia ), also known as Amrita or Guduchi in Hindi, Tippa Teega in Telugu, is an herb that helps improve digestion and boost immunity. It is a climbing shrub that grows on other trees and has heart-shaped leaves that resemble betel leaves. All parts of the plant are used in Ayurvedic medicine. However, the stem is thought to have the most beneficial compounds, The word “Giloy” is a Hindu mythological term. It refers to a mythical heavenly elixir that keeps celestial beings eternally young. In Sanskrit, “Guduchi” means something that protects the whole body, and “Amrita” means immortality.
Giloy is a source of many important plant compounds, namely terpenoids, alkaloids, lignans, and steroids. These compounds have anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-diabetic properties, among other benefits. Giloy can be helpful for seasonal allergies and to treat a skin rash called scabies. It has benefits for diabetes and high cholesterol.
Health Benefits of Giloy Powder :
- Useful in managing dengue fever.
- Manages diabetes by improving blood glucose levels.
- Helps to improve metabolism and liver functions.
- Reduce the risk of cancer by balancing Vata-Pitta-Kapha and also by controlling the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Helps to control high cholesterol level in the body by improving the metabolism and eliminating toxins from the body.
- Beneficial for the management of pain and inflammation in arthritis.
- Reduce digestion related problems like indigestion, hyperacidity, and flatulence.