Indigo (Indigofera tinctoria), a natural herb, is a species of plant from the bean family and is also known as true Indigo. Indigo is used as a dye and for medicinal purposes also. It’s mainly grown in Asia and some parts of Africa. Indigo Powder is derived from crushing of the leaves of the plant. The plant-based nature of Indigo Powder is gentle on your tresses and does not contain any of the harmful chemicals – like ammonia and peroxide.
Benefits of Indigo Powder :
- Prevents premature graying of hair.
- Prevents dandruff and other scalp infections.
- Accelerates hair growth and treats baldness.
- Provides the required nourishment to the hair.
- Provides a cooling and soothing sensation.
- Makes your hair lustrous, thicker and manageable.
How to Apply Henna & Indigo on Hair :
- Take Henna Powder in a bowl.
- Sift to ensure no lumps are present in the henna taken to apply on the hair.
- Add a little black tea water in this henna.
- And let it soak for over 6-8 hours.
- Apply this paste on hair and wash it off with water (no shampoo or conditioner).
- Take a little Indigo Powder and add a little warm water to get a thick consistency.
- Apply this paste on the hair and wash it off after 1 hour.
- Use a shampoo and a conditioner after 1-2 days of this entire process to get a deep black colour.