Reeta called as Soap Nut or Wash Nut is a well-known medicinal plant in Ayurveda for it’s detoxifying properties. Scientifically, it is known as Sapindus Mukorossi. The infusion of Reeta in Ayurvedic Hair Care Products acts as a natural alternative to chemically propelled cleansing agents that irritate the scalp and further dry the skin. The dried fruit of Reeta is used as a key component in various shampoos, cleansing agents and hair care products, owing to its potent anti-microbial and anti-septic properties. Reeta fruit has a bitter taste and has immense Kapha pacifying qualities. Reeta contains a natural surfactant called Saponin, which helps create foam to clean dirt, dust and oil in the hair. The concentration of vitamins in Saponin enhances shine of the hair and reduces dryness, making the hair look silky and voluminous. This healthy and natural alternative strengthens the hair from the root.
Directions of Use for Hair :
- Make a Paste of Reeta Powder with warm water
- Apply all over the scalp and hair
- Massage well to create lather
- Leave it for some time and rinse off with plain water
- Repeat once a week to control Dandruff & Hair fall
- For best results, use mixture of Reetha, Shikakai & Amla Powders together