Vana Tulasi Seeds ( Maha Beera Seeds ) :
Astercantha Longifolia also known as Maha Beera Seeds, Pignuts, Talmakhana, Kokilaksha Vana Tulsi Seeds are a variety of Basil (Tulsi), usually grows in dry and hot climate. These seeds contain many phyto-chemicals and polyphenol flavonoids like Orientin, and other antioxidants. They also contain beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin A and vitamin K. These Seeds also contain important minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, calcium, folates, and magnesium. Talmakhana seeds are useful in weight management, visible biological age reduction, immunity, diabetes, male fertility etc. When soaked in water, it has the ability to puff up. These soft puffy seeds will then be richer in fibre and can sustain hunger when consumed thus. These seeds also very effective as a body coolant and helps relieve irritation stemming from excessive body heat. They are known to be effective for knee/joint pains and weight loss and a host of other benefits.
Health Benefits :
- Good for treating skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, etc.
- Reduces acidity/burning sensation
- Good for diabetes
- Eases constipation by ensuring easy bowel movement
- Flushes out toxins from the stomach
- Effective against Arthritis
Directions to Use:
- Soak the seeds in a glass of water for a few hours and drink the concoction.
- Soak a teaspoon of Mahabeera seeds in 1 glass or 200 ml of hot water for 30 minutes and then use the soft and puffed seeds in whatever preparation you may choose like: Flavoured milk, fruit salads or Falooda.
- Soak 5gm of Mahabeera seeds in water overnight and consume next day morning.